We spent our summer at the seaside...
Together with 17 local artists and 3 artists from the Treepack team, we painted electricity boxes all over Bredene, a big city that is bustling with life! Not only was the beach a feast for the eyes, but these artists certainly surprised us. Even for us, it was a first to see so much talent in a town this size.
Our first visit was an immediate hit, as we met the locals and organised a workshop for them. We discussed the basics, came up with themes and ideas for this edition of Tour Elentrik, and soon got to work with spray paint and stencils.
All the ideas we came up with required a bit of art and crafting, and this was a great time to practice.
A few weeks later, the artists took to the streets and produced stunning results. From the moment the first brushstroke was made on the electricity boxes, some of the townspeople had already noticed us and were spreading 'the good word'. Before we knew it, the press was invited and we were doing our Tour Elentrik (the walking route connecting all the artworks) with a handful of photographers and cameras in front of us.
It was a really great experience to work with all of them. We made a lot of new friends who will hopefully be featured in one of our future projects!
Tour Elentrik Bredene in the media
Our project received attention in various newspapers and online magazines. You can find some of them below:
- Bredene news: https://www.nieuwsbredene.be/index.php/13621-tour-elentrik
- Bredene Breed: http://www.bredene-breed.be/2019/07/tour-elentrik-in-bredene/
- Out in Flanders: https://www.uitinvlaanderen.be/agenda/e/tour-elentrik/fe4c0fdb-f986-42ac-96a7-46686f18813f
- Het Laatste Nieuws: https://www.hln.be/in-de-buurt/bredene/tour-elentrik-neemt-je-mee-langs-kunstige-elektriciteitskasten~a245ce91/?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F
- Het Laatste Nieuws (2) - https://www.hln.be/in-de-buurt/bredene/weg-met-saaie-elektriciteitskasten-in-bredene~acaa2783/?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F